The Best No ChexSystems Banks in the United States. Guaranteed Approval.
If you’ve recently been denied a checking account because of past banking mistakes, you’re not alone. About 85% of banks and credit unions use databases managed by ChexSystems, Early Warning Services (EWS), or Telecheck to share data about checking account holders. So, if you’ve been blacklisted at one bank, it’s almost a sure bet you’ll be blacklisted at most other banks. And that information is kept in the databases for five years, making getting an account difficult and frustrating.
You do have options, however. The best choice is to find a bank that does not use ChexSystems at all! These no ChexSystems checking accounts offer all the features and benefits of a bank account you need and deserve. Another alternative is to find a bank or credit union which offers second chance banking accounts expressly for people who have negative marks in ChexSystems, EWS, or Telecheck.
CheckingExpert has helped thousands of people just like you open no ChexSystems and second chance banking accounts. We’ve selected the best accounts for 2019 based on acceptance rates, checking account features and benefits, and the accounts with the lowest fees. Best of all, you can open an account TODAY.Get an account now!
Winner: Best No ChexSystems Bank of 2019
BBVA Online Checking is our favorite no ChexSystems bank account. They have the strongest offering of any of our recommendations. It’s easy to get approved and takes about 3 minutes. Plus, their smartphone app and online tools are the best we’ve reviewed.
- NO credit check; Bad credit OK; No ChexSystems
- NO monthly fees or service charges
- NO monthly account balance minimums
- NO fees at over 64,000 Allpoint® and BBVA ATMs worldwide
- FREE online banking, bill pay, and mobile deposits
- FREE unlimited check writing
- Open with as little as $25
Runner Up: Best No ChexSystems Bank of 2019
Chime Bank is a fast-growing internet-only bank. Unlike big banks, Chime was created during the smartphone era and, therefore, features an app that is more than just a way for customers to review their bank accounts.
And, best of all, Chime Bank accepts all customers who apply. Even if you have bad or poor credit or have been blacklisted by ChexSystems or credit bureaus. It’s one of the only guaranteed checking accounts we’ve ever reviewed and is available in all 50 states. In our opinion, Chime is the only bank that comes close to BBVA.
- FREE Visa® debit card
- NO monthly fees or service charges
- NO monthly minimums
- FREE online banking and mobile banking/deposits
- NO fees at over 38,000 MoneyPass® and Visa Plus Alliance ATMs worldwide
- SAVINGS: You can round up every purchase to the nearest dollar and automatically deposit that difference into your savings account.
The Peoples Cash Solutions Second Chance Checking Account might be the answer for you. Peoples Bank will open an FDIC insured no ChexSystems bank account for you even if you have bad credit or have been reported to ChexSystems or TeleCheck in the past (except where fraudulent activity has been reported). Available in all 50 states.
- Debit MasterCard®
- Personal checkbook
- Online bill pay
- Online banking
- Online money transfers
- Monthly maintenance fee of $4.95
- $30.00 minimum deposit
The Radius Bank Essential Checking account is a FDIC-insured checking account designed to help you manage your money with powerful technology and limited fees. Available to residents in all 50 states.
- Free MasterCard® debit card
- Free mobile banking with check deposit
- Free online banking with bill pay
- $10 minimum deposit to open account
- Monthly service charge of $9.00
- No minimum balance
- Ability to upgrade account after 12 months of responsible banking
Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking may work out best for those who need a physical branch nearby. There is a monthly fee, but that can be waived with regular use of your account. This account is available to residents in all 50 states.
- The largest number of branches in the U.S.
- Minimum deposit of $25 to open an account
- Online bill pay and smartphone app
- Mobile check deposit
- Includes a Visa debit card and checks
- Additional features include account alerts, 24/7 fraud monitoring, and zero liability protection for your debit card
- $10 monthly maintenance fee, which can be waived by making monthly direct deposits of at least $500, or keeping a $1,500 minimum daily balance, or by making 10 or more debit card transactions during the month.
The Best Second Chance Banks by State
We’ve surveyed banks and credit unions throughout the country to find local, regional, or national financial institutions that offer “Second Chance Bank Accounts” or what some banks call Fresh Start Checking, Opportunity Checking, or New Start Checking.
Most of these institutions use ChexSystems or EWS, but are willing to look at opening these kinds of accounts on a case-by-case basis. Many times, they require a personal visit to a branch and may offer accounts that come with monthly fees or minimum balance requirements. While not as easy and as the BBVA Online Checking account, they do offer you an alternative.